Old 01-23-2013, 06:38 PM   #45
BayAreaSubie
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 342924
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza Sp Lim
Satin white pearl

I've done quite a bit of research on this issue recently since I just put on new wheels and tires on my 2013.

So the only ones that can initialize new TPMS sensors in a Subaru dealership or service center. I ordered my new wheels and tires with new TPMS sensor installed through Tirerack and had them drop shipped to Wheelworks hoping that they could put them on and initialize the TPMS sensors, but they couldn't get them to register.

If you have a service center near you as opposed to a dealership they'll probably be much cheaper that the dealership. I called a bunch of dealerships in my area when I was looking and all of them wanted between $140-$150 to do it! I finally called a service center located in SF and they did if for $65.

Luckily I don't need to swap to winter tires every year so I was ok with paying that, but damn if I had to do it every year!

Apparently Subaru and Toyota have a proprietary system that only their dealerships and service centers can initialize TPMS sensors. They definitely need to get rid of that bs.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by BayAreaSubie; 01-23-2013 at 06:39 PM. Reason: typos
BayAreaSubie is offline   Reply With Quote