Member#: 164018
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2008 WRX 5 door
WR Blue of course!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quentinberg007 View Post
Do you go downhill in both directions?

The best I've seen over a full tank in my GTI is 33mpg. That is very little interstate driving and mostly my 6 mile commute that is all 55mph highway, no stop signs, no stop lights. It is pretty much ideal driving conditions for fuel economy. Then slap on the fact my GTI is FWD, 6MT, and a smaller displacement, direct injected, turbo powerplant. I just find your numbers optimistic. (Note: I track my mileage and the amount of gas I put in the car at every single fill-up, dating back to July of 07.)

~~Quentin
The best I've ever had on a full tank is 36 driving through the mountains. My 25/32 is based on driving fairly conservatively staying out of boost. Obviously getting into boost will drop those numbers a bit.

The worst I've seen is 20.5 mpg and that involves back to back days flogging it at an autoX and all city driving after that.

Seriously, I track my mileage closely as well (in a spreadsheet no less) and I average 25/32. In fact its actually higher, but I rounded down. If you'd like I can take pictures of the dash display, but that usually overstates my mileage a bit. (It showed 37 on that mountain run I mentioned above).

I was initially concerned that I may be running lean or something, but I've had the car checked and the AFR's are all good, further other 3G WRX owners report similar numbers.

edit: I usually run 91 octane from Shell fyi.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by askjeffro; 08-04-2008 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Note add
askjeffro is offline   Reply With Quote