View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 05:12 PM   #4
icanfly
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 176929
Vehicle:
2005 STI Powered Dub
Carbon Black

Hey so I am going to chime in here just a smidge with my buildspecs...
I am building a Type1 chassis with full race cage and a fiberglass body as seen in this concept painting I did just to show a sideshot concept (roof snorkle supports the stock TMIC):

http://cogknow.com/mad1son/jmd_Sterling_handPaint.png

Running an 05 STI EJ25T Adapter-plated to a Porsche 901 5spd.
At the moment my setup is as follows.

Motor:
05 sti with full vehicle harness and stock 05 sti ecu/key/immobilizer/gaugecluster
This choice was based on plug and play usability with the focus being getting it up and running, kinked out and then tune down the road once I learn how to drive the beast.

Tranny:
69' Porsche 901 5spd fully rebuilt with longer gearset, hardened first/reverse and longer 5th.

Adapter:
Kennedy Adapter 228mm flywheel stage 2/3 clutch with ext. bits.

Starter Motor:
Porsche

Rear-engine configuration with custom motor/transmounts. I have also upgraded the entire rear suspension system to porsche as well including solid cast alu. trailing arms, porsche springplates and torsion bars. Still awaiting the final swaybar setup. modification allows for the full 4 pot calipers and large cross drilled rotors all around, in addition to allowing me to run the larger porsche cv's / axles.

thats about it at the moment. Let me know if you wanna talk about setup and configuration for the water system ect.

looking forward to talking about your build.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
icanfly is offline   Reply With Quote