Scooby Newbie

Member#: 99348
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
If I could only
get you oceanside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgod
i think your first problem was getting your car tuned at turbotrix.

go over to the tri-state forum for some input on turbo trix. more then a few unhappy subaru customers leaving with very odd tuning sessions.

did you have any knocking before you went to turbotrix?
I'm regretfully aware of that now. Unfortunately the damage may already be done..

I didn't experience any knock before TurboTrix.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ride5000
how did you road tune? have you got a wideband? also what are you knock thresholds and parameters in the utec.
I don't have a wideband. I loaded the base map and made a quick rip, bumped up boost 25 points and timing 1 degree. Upon more driving, it started knocking again. I just got back in from more road tuning. I have the boost values set at 375 from 0-3000RPM then 385-395-400 as it reaches 3500-4000RPM.

I don't know what the thesholds are on the UTEC. I've never changed them, or set them at all for that matter. What should they be set at? What is too extreme?

While road tuning today, we did a pull in 5th gear from about 3000RPM. As expected, boost creep set in as boost crawled to 19psi (previously the max was 16psi) and at about 5000RPM I got a knock count of 24 but the car didn't hesitate, sputter, shut down, or blow up!

If the threshold is set too low, is the UTEC taking little bits of knock and making it appear to be a bigger issue than it is?

Should I just drive my car off a cliff and start over?

WTH is wrong with my car!!!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Timmy Burns is offline   Reply With Quote