View Single Post
Old 09-10-2002, 03:04 PM   #1
MarkyMark
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 20797
Vehicle:
'02 Wrx
WR Blue

Angry New Canada Customs Laws For Personal Shipments From The States - Please Read

I recently purchased a body kit from a vendor (CC-B) in the US. Since it was oversized they had it shipped to me via a freight company, Lynden. Its finally arrived in Canada, but wont clear customs until i PERSONALLY go to the freight company, pick up the paper work, go down to the customs office at the airport myself and clear it, then back to the freight company.

I asked the company why they cant clear it through their brokerage for me. Their reply was that on JULY 1/02 , due to sept 11. A new law was passed that freight destined for a residential address (the sold to address) has to be personally picked up. You can still get a broker to do so, but this comes a HUGE cost. I am figuring this only applies to freight not via the ups, fedex etc.

I then asked if they can transfer it on bond to a closer location. Their reply, that they can no longer do this , as part of the new law.

Bottom line. I am stuck having to take a day off work to pick this body kit up. According to the woman at the freight company, she told me to expect to be waiting a LONG time in the at line.

I am really ticked off here.. its not like i purached this part from Afganistan!!!

Sooo if anyone has a solution.. i'd love to hear it..
And hope this dosent happen to any of you.

On a positive note, EDDY at CC-B has been very co-operative and is doing what he can to resolve this situation.

Mark
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote