NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 67
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
1999 Outlasting
the competition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwf137 View Post
I'll say that it kind of concerns me that an aftermarket supplier buys a car, 3D scans their car, then just sells it. On the flip side, the number of APR engineers and owners who drive MQB chassis cars gives me more confidence that they're testing, use, and stand behind their own products. Sure, there's lots of complaints out there, but there's always issues and people vocalize complaints way more than compliments.

When I've bought aftermarket parts from aftermarket manufacturers who aren't enthusiasts of the cars that they sell parts for, **** doesn't work well. Parts don't line up be cause they only tested one car instead of seeing what tolerances exist. They also don't have the car to keep making tweaks as they receive feedback. They're just not engaged. They're there for the profit and that's about it.

I'll stick to manufacturers who are more committed to the chassis...
Eh. I have enough customers and friends to send out samples. It's usually what ive done for the past 20 years in business. I dont borrow customers cars like a lot of shops do for first article prototypes. I bought the car outright, had it for about a year and now ive gotten what i needed out of it. I've had a ton of people come by and check it out. My gut says it should be sold within the next week or two. With the money back, some new machinery will fill that spot for new products..
T
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
tom@kartboy is offline   Reply With Quote