bew47
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 449003
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
2004 WRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublechaz View Post
It's been too long since I let anyone else wrench on my cars to know of a good mechanic around here. I hope someone else wanders in.

I do pay for alignments. I've been going to http://www.adamsautomotiverepair.com/
Some other alignment shops in the area have let me down. These guys do mechanic work as well, but I think they are pricey. Been very happy with the alignements.
It can be hard finding a good alignment thanks for the tip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by USLiberty View Post
I usually only work on friend's cars and on weekends, unless my day job is slow. I usually do about 3-5 subaru timing belts/year. About a month ago I replaced a water pump in NAZSTI's GT35r equipped 04 STI. I've fabricated a tool for holding the cam gears in place, easy one man job now. Someone else had installed a non-oem water pump about a year ago and it was leaking out the weep hole. So if you decide to replace your water/oil pump, only get OEM. Gates timing belt kit seems to be okay, never had a problem with them.
Haven't decided on whether to do the water and oil pumps yet but I'll keep that it mind, thanks for the advice. I've been considering doing it myself but the thought of screwing it up makes me a little nervous, thought it might just be better to pay someone who knows what they're doing. i saw that there's a detailed how-to thread on here, is it a simple enough process that a somewhat handy person can figure it out?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by bew47; 09-06-2016 at 02:36 PM.
bew47 is offline   Reply With Quote