Scooby Newbie

Member#: 412417
Chapter/Region: International
Vehicle:
Ver8 Impreza WRX STI
WRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobyNarita View Post
For those of you who are in the Tokyo area, have you found any decent Subie salvage yards? There are some yards near Chiba and some insurance lots (yards that handle accident cars that are being held pending formal disposition) but most of these yards have relatively little Subaru inventory are most are geared toward large scale dismantling and export. Since this comment doesn't fit easily into other forum topics, I thought I would post it here. I am seeking local Japanese sources for 2008-2009 5EAT drivetrain and transmission components for my personal daily driver. I am not impressed with the local Sube dealer service departments nor their ability to get parts. What parts they can get, involve long wait times and have a 300-400% mark-up compared to channels outside Japan.
Welcome to Japan!

I'm out here in Chiba as well!

I have not been to or seen much of these salvage yards. It seems that many of these totaled cars are simply dismantled and the parts are listed on yahoo auction. You can try to search on Yahoo auction for a good deal.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Iconic Imports is offline   Reply With Quote