cronic
Scooby Guru

Member#: 9749
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyConway View Post
Yea I usually build them myself out of stock ls1 harness.

I also had issues with his first ls1 stand alone harness. Some of his pinout locations were wrong when he made the first ones. They were all corrected. The main reason I think he had issues was b/c at the time he was moving shops and the guy doing the harnesses pinned the coils and injectors backwards. No biggie once I looked at it and saw the issue.
Do you know if all this is resolved?

Quote:
I'm not here to bash other compaines either but, what's wrong with Chase? nothing really. What's right with their LS harness? nothing really. Here is a quick assesment, factually based, of course. You don't have to build your own harness, you can mod a stocker... but if you want a new one, maybe you should buy one from someone who has a working knowledge of a GM engine. How do I know he doesn't know how a GM engine is laid out? Just look at the LS1 harness he has on his website. You would think the picture would showcase his best work, right? [img width=800 height=532]http://www.chasebays.com/content/values/748/main.jpg[/img] First thing that stands out to me is that none of the connectors that require a secondary lock, actually have one. CKP is the wrong connector. O2s are the wrong connector. No reverse lights connector. Knock sensors, VSS and reverse lockout are on the wrong side. Harness looks to be set up for F body PCM, but has a connector for a Vette oil pressure sensor, which any swapped car will not use. No AC circuits. Why are there 2 branches for the driver side injector/ignition bank? Looking at his subharnesses, he doesn't have one pictured for the FD. ??? but looking at the others, Single speed fan operation with a relay that will literally melt if you tried to power a Taurus fan. Relays are ziptied together??? He also lumps all of the key-on power circuits into one circuit. What does that mean? If your O2 heater wire (for example) melts to your exhuast (which is probably the most common wiring mistake for swappers), and pops your ignition fuse, you can call the tow truck. If your power circuits are separated, if the same situation happened, you would loose your O2 heaters. If your engine is already warmed up (and I'm guessing it is, since the headers were hot enough to melt wire insulation), you'll never know, until you get home and let the O2s cool off. Same goes for any other power circuit (except for the PCM circuit). The engine may run bad with one popped fuse, but at least it will get you home and you'll be able to scan for codes. GM uses 5 (non emission) circuits for their harness ignition power. I use 6. My point is that if I were to need a harness for a Honda swap, Chase would be the first I call. LSanything swap? Not so much. Have a peek here. http://www.norotors.com/index.php?topic=5167.0
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
cronic is offline   Reply With Quote