Papi Chulo

Member#: 53794
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
... 2017 BMW M2
2017 F-150

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanmedina View Post
I got FSD Beta and at least in my area is not great. Twice it had done some very questionable things like trying to run a red light and turning all the sudden towards a curb while driving in a parking lot. I have been able to do some zero intervention drives but it needs lots work. Sometimes it blows you mind and takes turns just like I would but sometimes it does some goofy stuff. Braking has been greatly improved and the car brakes just like I would and is better than with AP super smooth.

It seems like the new track mode for the Plaid improves braking feel which a lot of reviewers complained about and the suspension tuning feels great for the track. I have not received the update because I FSD Beta and I assume they will roll it with and update to FSD:

https://youtu.be/6y-s3dCY7os
I rode in a Model Y last weekend that had the latest beta. I wonít say itís terrible but I would say itís a solid 20-30% of being actually full self driving. 4 lane road, very few cars and it would try to make immediate left or right turns. The actions were stupid aggressive too and it was on ďchillĒ mode. If there was a car to either side of us, itís likely we would have touched. It did make sudden decrease in speeds and sudden acceleration too. It couldn't handle a right hand merge lane either. However, when it did work, it was pretty cool and made a pretty cool right hand turn without assistance.

Based upon the 1 hour drive (30 mins out, 30 mins back), I think full self driving is a long ways out. Iíd be surprised if we see it in 5 years unless some sort of massive jump in technology happens. Personally, I would never engage FSD or buy a vehicle with one at this point in time. This applies to Tesla and every auto manufacturer
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
godfather2112 is online now   Reply With Quote