Old 01-17-2021, 02:37 PM   #154
Scooby South
Subtly Outspoken

Member#: 238
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
OG05 STi
51E

Started up the STi today.. let it get to operating temp.. was looking at it and thinking that I can't wait to get all the updates on.. and Enjoy it for a while

Updates/parts waiting to be installed include the following:

-Professionally Rebuilt VF48 with 11 Blade Billet wheel, Flow tested and balanced

-New Larger TMIC * I have 2 now: a 2000 Mile VA I/C.. the one I tried to straighten out is complete junk.. so I found another one. *Also have a Aftermarket larger Bar/plate I/C .. We'll see which one I go with.. Still going to polish them out.. for the aesthetics.

-Grimmspeed Catted LTD Downpipe

-Install new Wide Band

-Grimmspeed 3 port EBCS

-ID 850cc Side Feed Injectors..*went with 850's since I don't plan to go huge turbo/power.. Realistic goal will be 325/350 awhp. 350/375 torque

-Factory 2017 18' STi Enkei wheels with 245/40/18 tires

-Install Boom Boom Pow.. *12 in Self powered Subwoofer

-Install Left front Splash shield

-Finish the rear spats and install

-ProTune with 20-21 PSI

-Refurbish K&N Heatshield.

-Found out the motor was yanked at about 66k to do all the seals and valve cover gaskets and actually had the headgaskets redone at that point as well with all Factory parts by a factory trained technician.... the heads were checked and trued before re-installation..

I think thats going to be it for a bit... after all that it should satisfy my needs and wants.. then just enjoy it for a while. Should follow my philosophy of Updating Factory Parts ..

Future stuff I want to do:

- New Intake manifold or get mine re-powder coated.

- wouldn't mind putting a rear wiper system on the car to enhance the JDM theme. Thats a reach tho.. and not very practical..

Bill
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Scooby South; 01-17-2021 at 02:46 PM.
Scooby South is offline   Reply With Quote