View Single Post
Old 10-05-2018, 06:28 PM   #21
UncleLimpy
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 481803
Vehicle:
2004 Baja Turbo
Satin White

Thanks for the hijack Mreed, I'd completely forgotten about posting here so I'm glad you're keeping it alive. I think we might be the only two EJ20X/Y bajas in the world

Not much to update since I posted other than it's driving like a peach. I've just bought a VF52 I'll be installing along with the JDM TGV deletes, and will be getting a tune so we can finally get into some hard numbers.

The weak link I feel like will be that I'm running the stock intercooler, but I don't want to make over 300whp, I'd be very satisfied at 250 given I'm running the 5 speed. I should be able to achieve this.

To answer your question on how it does with the compression: I do not know. I have not tuned it yet and will have to get back to you. When I get it dyno tuned I'll make a nice tidy writeup about the whole thing.

I did not swap any cams or adjust the position. I know you can, and I think Mreed was smart to advance the exhaust cam a tooth, but again I'm simply not interested in pushing max power (yet.)

The main purpose for this post was to just say that it can be done as simply as just about any other swap because when I was searching for information everything was so damn convoluted.

I'm excited to see what Mreed comes up with using the JDM twin scroll. It was my understanding that one could use that easily if they wanted to go FMIC, so it's cool to see the process to getting the TMIC working.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
UncleLimpy is offline   Reply With Quote