Scooby Newbie

Member#: 208228
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2007 Impreza 2.5i
Newport Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramer3608 View Post
Ok so just hunt around for a used wrx axel back or an aftermarket one for better sound quality and I should be golden. What is your opinion on alumized steel and 304 stainless. I'm assuming that stainless would last longer and the other would corrode faster (these are the option for the cat)

Thank you for the help btw
Yeah, I would look around a little on the forums and make sure you can find someone who has bolted up a wrx axel back to the 2.5i before you buy it. I have been researching exhausts on here for like 3 months and still havent bought one because I want to make sure I get the right setup. I think you are right about 304 vs aluminized, but you need to take into account where you live, what the weather is like and if you would really need the stainless. I would ask some users who have purchased both to find out the difference, or call a couple muffler shops cause they are the experts. Also depending on the headers you get, the borla replicas (from ebay) are not made out of the same material as the real Borla headers. You should wrap the headers if they are not legit, but also if you have never wrapped headers, read up on that first.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
SUBYAWD85 is offline   Reply With Quote