Scooby Guru

Member#: 140444
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
05 Stage Free LGT
ATP 3076, 6MT, AVO FMIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru_gc8 View Post
its not the fitment of the inlet that is the problem its the amount you have to grind down to get the turbine housing to fit that is the question to be asked, if you want send me a pm and you can look at mine. in im HB
Inlet position varies more than you think between different "stock location" turbochargers.

I have an ATP GT3076 with an APS 3 inch metal inlet pipe, and the edge of the turbo inlet is next to the TGV housing, but the flow path isn't bad. It's a tight fit, but everything does fit.

I've seen photos of turbo installs where the incoming air has to zig-zag drastically around the TGV housing on its way to the impeller, and the coupling between the turbo inlet and the inlet pipe gets horribly tortured. Those are the ones that gave stock location turbochargers such a bad reputation. Painful to install and sub-standard results.

The turbo centerlines look like they're a half-inch to the right of where ATP's exhaust housing puts their centerline. And maybe a half-inch forward as well, mashed right up against the TGV housing.

I have not seen photos showing the placement of the turbo inlets and the TGVs on any Spoolinator setups, so I'm curious too.

At some point I'm going to want to replace my GT3076 with a GTX30something.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote