Former Vendor

Member#: 125739
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2007 1500HD
Need Brakes? 919.420.0021

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWidmer View Post
I just read your article and i am trying to decide whether or not i need a full blown track pad for HPDE's. I will be running on Kumho XS which are fairly grippy for a street tire which i am sure you are aware of just wanted to give some detail. Am i better off switching pads for events using a HT-10 or running something similar to the hawk blue 9012. I am a novice driver. Also i have heard of people only running a serious brake pad compound for the front and a less aggressive pad for the rear, what is the logic behind this? the only one i see is cost effectiveness? Any detrimental effects with driving?

Can anybody help me narrow down choices, with their own experience?

Information on car: 2000 2.5rs weighting in at 2750 roughly

2006 wrx motor with boltons going to be around the 300 whp range

subaru 4pot/2pot brake setup

If more information is needed please let me know
If you drive that car hard on track you are going to tear those brakes a new one.

By now we sell very few race pads that fit any of the small non-STi Subaru brakes. There simply is not enough mass to combat the heat effectively.

I have some dusty DTC60 front/HT-10 rears in here if you want to prove it to yourself.

It is what it is peeps - the cars are too fast and the brakes are too small. Physics win every time.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
KNS Brakes is offline   Reply With Quote