View Single Post
Old 12-22-2014, 08:40 AM   #1073
xluben
Scooby Guru

Member#: 261612
Vehicle:
2002 WRX - 750WHP
9.5s @ 150mph

Cut off some of the FMIC end tank and got it mounted at the same time as the turbo.

Also, had Fobia extend the header by 1/2" and extend the mounting tab a little bit.

Before / After

Before / After

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02vfWRX View Post
That looks like it would literally fit good if the intercooler could somehow, someway fit mounted inverted. The endtanks and inlets are wrapped backwards, so in theory, if you inverted it, and clocked the turbo 90 degrees counterclockwise, the comp side would be a straight shot to the intercooler. I've seen alot of setups like that. I have also seen alot of offset cores due to space too, lol.
You've seen a lot of setups like that? One a Subaru or a different chassis? To mount it upside down I would have to cut out a lot of the frame (including where the core currently mounts to). And even after that it would still definitely NOT be a straight shot. It would need at approx a 90 bend off the turbo, and it would still hit the compressor housing just like it does now.

Here's a shot from the side that kind of shows the depth difference.

To really clean things up it would be best to mount the turbo directly to the end tank. Unfortunately that would require more frame cutting a some funky bends in the header. This car's setup looks great, but the turbo is much longer than mine. It is actually the same header, but the extra long turbo allows the compressor to sit much further forward and bolt right onto the end tank.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=2551992
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote