NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 198281
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2005 WRX/STi
WRB of course

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_wookiee View Post
Is it fastened anywhere in front of the aftercooler? Any plans to make and sell one so we don't have to cut up our stock cover?
Nothing on the front. At first I thought about designing a clip or something, but with it trimmed down the two rear clips hold it in place just fine. Vertically it sits right on the front face of the core as it normally would. My point here is I don't know what adding any fastening would add to it? once the hood is closed it's squeezed between the engine and rubber seal anyway.

My guess is, with more aftermarket products coming on the market you will see used engine covers cheap... Very cheap... Especially ones with the front tabs busted that can be used to trim or modify.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufus819 View Post
I'd buy it, looks good to me! Of course i would wait to buy this until I get my Verticooler, which of course PW and grimmspeed make their own ducting to go with an aftermarket TMIC.
I looked into a TMIC shroud/duct. To make a nice CF piece is really expensive. With metal/plastic it's still pricey for what it is. Retaining the stock engine cover reduced the cost of admission for our Aftercooler, which as many of you know, is already a very expensive piece. The other great thing about the factory shroud/duct, is that it works really well, plus free

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15WRXNoob View Post
I like the small simple design. I have a front mount and have wanted something to cover just the pulleys. The torqued solutions pulley cover is to big for my taste.
Thanks!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
KillerBMotorsport is offline   Reply With Quote