Kean
Scooby Guru

Member#: 25187
Vehicle:
2020 Forester
2010 Challenger R/T

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07STifastashell
You sir, are correct. And to the other guy who said Polish is a liquid...it's more like a paste. I meant any liquid filler that one might see being marketed as a quick fix. As in there are no ways to fill this, a layer must be slightly removed to remove this badge mark.
While detailing terminology is not standardized in the industry, most polishes folks will relate to are those in bottles that are in liquid form. When someone says "paste", it usually refers to products in tubs/cans like Mothers Aluminum and Mag Polish or those old ones we remember from TW as Aspen explained. In reality, the point isn't the state of the packaged product but more about individual characteristics. Generalizing leads to confusion on these topics IME.

....btw, here are just a few "polishes" in liquid form that I happen to have in my own cabinets that do "correct" blemishes (abrade):

Meguiars UC, Meguiars Swirl-X, Meguiars Scratch-X, M105, M205, Optimum Polish II, Optimum Compound II, polishes from 3M's Finesse It and Perfect It lines, etc., etc.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Kean is offline   Reply With Quote