Member#: 140163
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
03 STi
hellaflunctional

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC View Post
Why?

You can stop going to the gas station and simply plug your car in when you get home.

The motors is MUCH simpler so it requires far less maintenance.

The electric motor has instant torque for those fun electric burnouts and pop out of a corner. I even like the whine they make under high load though YMMV.

The car is also much quieter in normal driving for that extra female approved factor.
this is assuming that i would only own a single car, like i do now.

i could stop going to the gas station, but then i'd have to remember to plug the car in every night. i'd have to constantly search for an outlet wherever i go, much like i do now with my cell phone. just in case...

i go on regular golf trips with 3 friends all along the east coast, most of which are beyond the range and seating capacity of current electric cars. even the shorter trips (within an hour drive or 60 miles max) are enough to push the limits of a battery's charge so i would be scrambling to find a charger at the golf course and hope it charges while i'm playing. then there's the longer trips to wiliamsburg, pinehurst, myrtle beach, or kiawah island with a group of 4.

i feel safer in a car that people can hear. it's eerie watching a tesla take off without a sound. i also enjoy most all motorsports.

i'd never marry a woman that demands a quiet car. i can already picture how boring life would be with such a woman.

maybe i'm just old fashioned with my automobiles. maybe i like the freedom a gas-powered car affords me. an electric or hybrid strictly as a commuter to and from work? i can deal with that. but as a replacement for what i have now? never.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by nhat; 01-30-2012 at 06:08 PM.
nhat is offline   Reply With Quote