Old 06-27-2008, 10:57 PM   #1
Dasani
Top Scoob 005

Member#: 58098
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
10.4 @ 137.46mph
Cosworth, TSR70, MZM Tune

I wanted to gather all these posts and pictures together for some time and compile a journal so they would all be in one place and easy to find.

-Dasani

A little bit of history - I usually do the work myself on my own projects and below are two examples.

This is a street Mustang that ran 8.66 at 162mph and it was powered by a stroked 5.0 liter and Vortech supercharger. It was truly a street car - I campaigned it in the True Street class where the rules required you to drive 50 miles and then make 3 back-to-back passes, who ever had the fastest average of the 3 passes was the winner. The rules only allowed for a rear tire change after the 50 mile trip - no changes to anything else; no adding fuel, no raising the hood, no cooling down, etc. I was the True Street National Champion for 3 consecutive years in the mid 1990's with it. I also won a few Fun Ford Street Outlaw races and a couple of the Muscle Mustangs Magazine Shootouts during that time.

The 1989 Ford Mustang LX:

I was burnt out after spending 4 years criss-crossing the states while racing the Mustang, so I sold it along with my Saleen Mustang, and bought an S10. I swore to myself that I wouldn't modify the S10, but after about 6 months, I started swapping out the 4.3 liter V6 for a 5.7 liter LT4 V8 from a Corvette. The LT4 was modified with the usual hot rod gadgets - ported heads, bigger valves, cam, etc. The truck was great fun and I ending up running 11.50's with it while hazing the rear tires the entire quarter mile.

The 1999 Chevrolet S10 Xtreme:

I sold the S10 because it basically stayed in the garage - the last year I had it I only put 700 miles on it.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Dasani; 06-27-2008 at 11:19 PM.
Dasani is offline   Reply With Quote