Scooby Guru

Member#: 15341
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2012 Borderline Pro
Photographer of the Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxgeneration View Post
Wow Armin, after reading this entire thread from start until now I feel a slight amount of pain in my eyes lol, but I'm really blown away with all your helpful tips. When I just first started reading from the start I didn't think that your little tips would make a such a huge difference in the end i realized that i was completely wrong. Thank you for launching this thread. Quick question, my folks bought a Sony DSC-H5 about a year ago which I didn't really play around with much. Do you think it's an alright camera for starters, and would you say that manual exposure is the best to use?
Thanks, I'm glad it's been helpful As for the camera, it'll work just fine to get started. Manual mode is a perfect way to learn how all of the different settings for aperture and shutter speed affect your photos. If you can become an expert at using the manual mode on this camera, then you'll pretty much have a good base of understanding should you decide to go with a DSLR later on down the line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktm View Post
Would anyone who has experience mind critiquing the following images?
You've got a couple decent images here. I'd say the only thing that really stands out to me is the angle in which you're taking them. Don't be afraid to get dirty on that gravel to take a nice low shot. Also, make sure to use the sun to your advantage...you picked a good time of day, but just be careful about those shadows. I think that in the first shot, if you angled the car more toward facing you, you can get some of that nice sun on the side of the car. As for the second shot, I like the processing you did, but again, try shooting from a lower angle and maybe even turn the wheels toward the camera too. Wheels straight looks great for a side profile shot, but when you're shooting at a 3/4 view, it enhances your car as a subject with the wheel facing the camera. Hope this helps!

Armin
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Verdugo is offline   Reply With Quote