Scooby Guru

Member#: 159474
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2017 Impreza Sport
Lithium Red - OLDKID

Quote:
Originally Posted by thill View Post
Just for context within about 50 miles from my house there is a brand new RA listed for $44K and change (dealer has had it listed for over 120 days and knocked the price down $5K). I bet you can negotiate that down to $41-42K.

Two more used ones for sale one with 79 miles at a Porsche dealer for $47k and change (good luck it's been for sale for over 100 days) and another used one with 4500 miles for $40K and change. I bet you can get that knee down to $38K it's been for sale for about a month.

No way an S209 is $15-20K more than an RA.
The S209 isn't really a choice about logic though. Part of the reason the US never received cars like these before or can't keep cars like these (Focus RS) is because of what you're doing right now. Hell, the US can't even get power folding mirrors, rear window wiper for sedans, or headlight washers from nozzles in the front bumper because it hikes the price up and people start saying, "Well, for that price you can just..."

Not that it's all you, but people who try to justify why not to buy the S209 are probably somehow the same people who have raised the average monthly car loan amount to over $500. It's ridiculous. I say just let them build the cars with the same features as everywhere else it's sold and let the market decide whether or not they're gonna buy it. Obviously Subaru feels like they can afford this little social experiment, so more power to them.

Performance cars are an emotional choice anyway. Either a feeling of freedom or an emotional crutch that allows semblance of freedom.

/Justwokeuprant
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
chanomatik is offline   Reply With Quote