Merci Buckets

Member#: 88606
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2018 Grand Cherokee
Velvet Red Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by STiwayne View Post
Tons of great info! Thanks very much! I fall into the Time attack- Auto cross catagory.. I drive a 07 STi. I would love some suggestions about brands and proven set ups of fellow racers.. Currently using Hawk hps HB180f.560 in the rear and hb453f.585 in the front. This set up works very well for daily driving and hard driving track days but seem to fade a bit after 2-3 laps.
Hawk HPS pads are a street-only pad. They aren't meant for track use and putting them on the track could lead to some serious issues. They can't handle the heat developed on a race track and you will destroy the pad. The pad material will actually separate from the backing plate and you'll have no brakes at all.

For track use you should really use a track pad. If you can force yourself to NOT run full-bore at the race track you can get more of a dual-duty auto-x/track pad like the Hawk HP+, Carbotech AX6, or Ferodo DS2500. If you are really hardcore about track days then your best option is to have two separate sets of pads for track and street use. Keep your HPS for the street and buy the Hawk HT-10 or Carbotech XP10 for track use.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Scooby921 is offline   Reply With Quote