Merci Buckets

Member#: 88606
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2018 Grand Cherokee
Velvet Red Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanvaldez View Post
I have a '07 WRX wagon with EBC yellowstuffs all around. I've been using them for about 10,000 miles and about a season and a half of auto-x. Has anyone had experience with them vs. the Hawk HPS pads and if so was there a difference? They seem fairly similar performance-wise. I don't care about dust or noise unless it's insane. Along those lines I have some track days waiting in the wings. Would it be better to get some Hawk HP Plus pads for that to help slow the hefty wagon? And if that's the case, can you safely use the HP Plus pads on the street day in and day out? I know it's probably best to have 2 sets of pads but I'm trying to save some money if possible.
I haven't played with the EBC yellows, but I have used the Hawk HPS. IMO they are crap for anything more than daily driving, and even then they are questionable.

Something like the Hawk HP+ or Carbotech AX6 is going to be a much better pad if you intend to do track days. Its not going to provide the same level of performance as a track pad (friction coefficient and heat resistance), but its going to be a lot better than a street oriented pad. Either one of them would be acceptable for street use, though you'll want to pay attention to the cold grip as temperatures start to drop in the winter. When cold they won't have the same initial bite and it will likely take a little longer to stop.

How are your current brake pads? Decent life left or nearing the end? I know several people who daily drive with full-bore track pads during the summer. They squeal more than a city transit bus, but they provide sufficient braking for the daily commute. If you don't mind the noise and the dust you could do the same and save your current pads for winter use when the track pads aren't going to function.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Scooby921 is offline   Reply With Quote