Scooby Newbie

Member#: 209975
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2016 WRX
LBP

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4EAT
78,000 Miles.
CEL(s): P0700(Transmission Control System malfunction), P1718(AT CAN communication circuit)

I have searched all over this forum and the internet for solutions to this, but every thread seems to end without the OP ever posting how they fixed the issue..

Two days ago I drove to the gym, car was fine. However, when I left, the CEL came on. At first, the AT OIL temp was illuminated, but is no longer on. So I pulled the codes and got a p0700 and a p1718. Car still seems to be driving fine, no weird smells, still shifts smoothly and idles great. I attempted to clear the codes, but they stayed on. The only information I've been able to gather is that a few posters say it could be some sort of loose connection in the wiring/connectors, a short in the system or a loose ground but I have NO idea at all where to look for these Transmission connections.
I've recently changed the oil and had the cooling system flushed before winter. Other than that, I haven't done any work on it recently.

Only mods are the Williaty Hybrid intake mod from here(been on for about 4 months, never any problems/CELS before) and an STI catback.

Any input at all would really be appreciated. I am at a loss here and the light has been on for about 4 days now. I am starting to get worried since it is my only DD.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Bubakanush is offline   Reply With Quote