Scooby Newbie

Member#: 397553
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2014 GR8 DGM
Subaru Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by YungBoba View Post
What made you want to get a '14? Needed/preferred the hatch more?
I grew up watching Travis Pastrana back in his motocross/supercross days when he was a teenager. When he signed on to Subaru back in the early 2000s, I of course followed.

The third generation of WRX STI is what I remember the most from my rally exposure. Things like watching him jump 269 feet at Red Bull No Limits on NYE, setting the Mt. Washington Hillclimb record, or dominating in rally during the 2008 era. That body style was just what I was used to seeing.

I'm a fairly active guy, so buying a hatchback just seemed to be an obvious, practical choice with the things I like to do. Hockey bags, bikes, boxes, etc. I just saw added utility with the extra space of a hatch. I bought a 2012 WRX Hatchback because it fit my income better at the time and frankly, there weren't any new WRX STI hatches on the market in Maryland. To make a long story short, I ended up trading the 2012 WRX for the 2017 WRX STI after my career developed a few years later.

Every time I drove that wing around and saw a hatchback, a part of me longed for the hatch again. Don't get me wrong, the performance of the WRX STI is fantastic, but something felt incomplete.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by robschilke; 06-13-2017 at 05:07 PM.
robschilke is offline   Reply With Quote