View Single Post
Old 05-06-2002, 04:15 AM   #1
Tusin
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 17074
Vehicle:
01 VW Jetta 1.8T
White

Default Need some advice, Got a ticket, arggg. (Long).

Ok I will try to explain this as good as I can.

I was comming in from Eagle River. And I was going to "try" to make some runs on Artic Vally Road (That was probably the first dumb move, lol). Anyways. There is a Stop Sign right before you make a left to get on the "Straight Away". So I stop like normal, make the left hand turn. Start driving towards the Parking Lot for the Golf Course (I was going to turn around and then make a G-Tech Run). But on my way down I see 2 MP SUV's comming the oppisite direction. No biggie, I just decided to turn around at the parking lot and head home without doing any runs. So I am headed back, and they pass me again (Thought they came back to make sure I wasnt "doing anything"). So I keep driving minding my own business. They turn around and get behind me and turn on there lights. So I am thinking ***. But really thought nothing of it, like I said I figured they would just ask me what I was doing out there. They get to the Window and first thing I ask is what they pulled me over for. And they say I ran that stop sign. I ask him how could he have seen me run a stop sign when he was no where near me at the stop sign (Maybe I shouldnt have said that, but regardless I didnt run the stop sign, and he was no where near me, lol). So he gives me a $50.00 ticket (Ok that part doesnt bother me TO much). But then he said first said it was a 2pt ticket, then he said it was a 4pt ticket. That pissed me off. The thing is, if my calculations are right, I have 2 pts left for the year. Got a 6pt ticket for speeding not to long ago (That was my bad, thought I was speeding by 10mph, but it was actully 20mph, I had the speed limit confused).

Anyways, I need advice. I have never delt with "United States District Court" before. I really really want to contest it. Because it is BS. But I feel like I have no way to win, because I was alone, and he had a partner with him. **** I can barley even read the damn ticket, lol. So if anyone has any advice, that would be really cool.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Tusin is offline   Reply With Quote