View Single Post
Old 11-28-2009, 11:05 PM   #2
J_Bird
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 230111

Step 1: Open small cover & remove screw.

Step 2: Open small cover and remove screw.

Step 3: Use a screw driver with a wide edge (keeping it horizontal) in this slot to pry up and start to release the clips. Once started finish removing by hand.

Step 4: Then remove these two screws, and disconnect the power windows/locks harness(s)

Step 5: Then carefully pull out & back toward the window to release the tweeter near the mirror.

(This is where the clip is that you are removing)

Step 6:Now just pull the door panel firm but gently up and you should see this.

(I was surprised at what I found when I got the door panel off. I was suspecting that I would find a paper plate and a rubber band. But, instead I found a 2-way!)

Step 8: There are three screws holding the speaker in the door, remove these.

Step 8: If you are going to be changing your speakers and purchased new models that can use the factory mounting plate, then you will need the remove the six screws that are holding the original speaker

Once you've done one door the rest should be simple. The rear doors are very similar to the front doors. The only difference is that before you pull the door panel up and off you will need to carefully remove the triangular piece of plastic from the area rite above the door panel towards the back of the car. It is held on by one clip as well.

I found that you need to be a little bit more careful on these than anything else.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by J_Bird; 11-28-2009 at 11:13 PM.
J_Bird is offline   Reply With Quote