Scooby Newbie

Member#: 490876
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2016 STI
Ice Silver Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by YungBoba View Post
Q300 is definitely quieter than the Cobb. Q300 is probably the quietest aftermarket catback you can get. The Cobb and Grimmspeed would be a step above it in terms of loudness.

I am of course referring to the regular dual-piped, quad-tipped exhaust. I can't comment on the single-exit Q300.
I ended up buying a low miles used Cobb SS catback. For me it is perfect. Not too loud or quiet. I have the Cobb catted downpipe installed on my STi, too. Before getting the Cobb CBE I installed the stock catback. It is very quiet, actually too quiet. If I have the radio volume turned up I had to use the tach to know when to shift. I also had a used Q300 quad tip. The Cobb CBE is generally quieter than the Q300 I had, especially at cold start and 2500-3500 cruising up hills on the highway. The Q300 was used, so the baffles may have already been blown. Both Cobb and Q300 are a lot quieter than the AWE Touring. The AWE Touring is quite loud, but has a very cool unique exotic note and also pops and crackles on downshifts. I would still be running the AWE if I were younger when volume did not bother me.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
OhThatHurt is offline   Reply With Quote