Scooby Newbie

Member#: 494490
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2007 WRX Limited
Obsidian Black Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper_crazy View Post
Yeah, there's no performance increase with air pump delete. I'm not sure how much you know about the system, but basically it was strictly for emmisions and only used for like a minute after cold start.

As for the 24.7 psi vs the new 14.5 psi, I'd be just guessing as to why that's the case. I don't recall coming across any info for that. With a reading of 14.5, my guess is you're closer to sea level?

Supplemental information:
The Barometric sensor is used to give the ECU an idea of ambient air density (AAD) based on ambient air pressure (AAP) and ambient air temp/intake air temp (AAT/IAT) and is used to help make air fuelling decisions. The slight drawback with calculating AAD based on AAP and AAT/IAT is it doesn't account for humitidy, which also affects air density and thus power. Subaru and pretty much every manufacturer making vehicles has obviously deemed it accurate enough for street use and 99% of tuners don't seem to be worried. I'm sure the only time someone would be concerned about it is in racing applications when every ounce counts.

Yea Iím right about at sea level over here in Rhode Island. But as for performance, my car would only boost to about 5ish psi before after we removed the air pump. Now itís boosting to about 12 since I put the sensor back so there was some kind of issue there. Still not hitting full boost for some reason but itís an improvement
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
KGilstrap is offline   Reply With Quote