View Single Post
Old 09-13-2019, 12:33 PM   #13
Gab0
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 420009

Questions

1. Who is out on this forum running a built short block with stock location turbo and or rotated kit making at least 500whp plus with no issues? *Heads will be stock FYI*

I am currently north of 15k in fact close to 20k on a Outfront built block and stock heads on standard ARP studs with a DOM 1.5 XT-R. The car made 500 whp on E85 at 24 psi. I daily drive the car, though honestly it maybe sees over 10 psi 5 times a week. I am religious about checking my oil levels and do my oil changes every 2,000-2,500 miles.

2. what short blocks are you all running out there? what is your experience? I am currently looking at a IAG magnum SB , I know they claim its rated at 850hp but as I mentioned I am shooting for 600-650whp in the future.

I am running CP pistons (9.0:1 compression), outfront rods and king bearings with the OEM crank.

3. All I keep hearing from shops these days is stock locations turbos create back pressure which eventually lift the heads. I understand rotated is the way to go but I don't have that kind of funds. I get the whole statement
"you got to pay to play" but I am sure there are people out there running built SB with no issues .

Can't really comment on this, other than I've had no issues.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Gab0; 09-13-2019 at 02:25 PM.
Gab0 is offline   Reply With Quote