Scooby Newbie

Member#: 184543
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
JDM RHD GM8 Type R
02 6 Speed Bugeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKRYD View Post
Nice and safe to 16 p.s.i is what im running now...im spiking at 17-18.5 but usually run solid at 15-16 in that range.

Must be something else done somewhere i guess.

And a lil update, I'm now not 100% sure that my motor is a V2 Wrx. I have concluded that it is closed deck and with the many helpful threads on that. As well confirmed that turbo is td05h. So maybe thats where the extra power is coming. And i do not have any information as for block identification except for the numbers stamped on it. Front serial number is 23212 located next to ej20 emblem where block joins, and rear of block on drivers side reads 140318. I do have the black slanty intercooler though, which shows wrx. But the only thing that is throwing me off is the numbers under the oil cap, 94 8 so translate to august 94, weird cant find any info on motors with build dates that line up. Nice little power plant though. going to try to see if the sticker is still on the back of the head, crosses fingers.
Can you take a picture of the inside of your ecu. I have the exact engine... turbo... and ecu as you and it is not set from the factory at that boost. It should hit around 14.5 then taper off to 12 or so.
I also wouldnt say you are hitting a nice and safe boost level since the jdm z4 ecu runs alot of timing and is tuned very aggressively for us since the 100ron in japan is equivalent to 95-96 octane over here. Also the black slanty ic is extremely small for such a tune. Most chips focus on a safer tune at 16psi for our premium unleaded gas.
I want to see the inside of your ecu because it may be modified differently than chipped and would explain why yours is not functioning as factory.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
blkgm8 is offline   Reply With Quote