Old 01-11-2013, 01:19 PM   #12
IdahoDoug
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 23561
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza CVT
White

Thanks, great input and appreciated. We will be looking for a set of winter wheels over the next few months and then getting a set of dedicated winter tires for next winter. That's what we do for all our vehicles and the garage perenially looks like a tire shop with all the extra sets about.

I want to clarify that I posted this to make others aware that this chassis (2012+ Impreza) seems very sensitive to tire inflation to a degree that you should experiment a bit to find what works for you. And that you may be surprised at the improvement you could cause.

I should also mention that I have been a vehicle developer for GM and Lexus for many years and that on a daily basis evaluated prototype and production vehicles for handling dynamics and other chassis parameters. In my judgement, this car clearly had a lot of time and money lavished on its chassis and I am very, very pleased with it. The tire pressure finding was somewhat embarrassing for me, but I wanted to report the outcome so others would be encouraged to check tire pressures.

Agree the Yokos are extremely average. Looking forward to wearing them out and installing some Michelins.

Can anyone point me to a good description of the AWD system? I have read the manual and the Sube site, but as always with a vehicle, I like to know a few levels deeper. Thanks!

DougM
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
IdahoDoug is offline   Reply With Quote