Scooby Guru

Member#: 117767
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2014 Audi S4
DP Stage 2 (~420whp)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobNoob89 View Post
Which makes me wonder, have there been any blown engines from an E-tune? Everyone rants and raves about a protune but from my understanding just about every single destroyed FA20 has been protuned. Obviously there are a ton of other variables but I'm wondering if the slower process of an E-tune isn't also safer?
etune or dyno tune, it shouldn't matter so long as your tuner knows what they are doing. Unfortunately, too many "tuners" seem to be popping up and people are trusting them with their cars, for some reason.

Do your research, only rely on reputable tuners with proven results and you should be fine, either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredrik94087 View Post
^^^ Why people buy a used wrx/sti is still dumbfounding.
There are thousands of people who buy used WRX/STIs without issue. There are occasions where buying a used one makes sense and can be perfectly reliable.

I bought a used '07 WRX Limited with 50k miles on it a while back and drove it for another 70k miles with no issues. 40k of those miles were driven with an 18G and supporting mods and it performed flawlessly for me the entire time I owned it.

Additionally, my Dad wanted a 2016 WRX and was looking to pick up a new one. But after stumbling across an immaculate 2016 WRX Limited with only 6500 miles, for only $26k, he pulled the trigger on it and it has been perfect for him. Granted it was bought new by a 60 year old guy who initially paid cash for it and realized he wanted another corvette instead. So my Dad got essentially a new Limited for a smoking deal.

Long story long, used WRX/STI's do exist that are worth buying. Just do your homework. I almost always recommend paying a little extra to have a compression test done if you plan to buy a used one though.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
sc00ter is offline   Reply With Quote