Old 08-04-2007, 06:34 PM   #29
Equilibrium Tuning
Former Vendor

Member#: 26933
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2006 STI
CGM

honestly the wavy lines don't bug me too much... that's just a factor of smoothing and the smoothness of the drive train for the most part. Some very high hp cars can use a smoothness factor of 0 because the little variances you normally see are a much smaller percentage of the overall power and get hidden with high hp cars. With stage 2 power levels smoothness is usually appropriate around 3-4. The fun part is that as you raise the smoothing, the peak numbers actually go down a bit because you get rid of some of the sharp peaks.

Now as far as that dip around 3800-4800RPM, no one can really tell for sure what the cause of that is without seeing a log, but weather its boost or pulled timing, a dip is a dip is a dip. When you post a thread titled "Sexy Smooth" I don't expect to see a nice fat dip in the powerband .

BTW, I'm sure you know by now, but with the 07's you can't just look at the reported Learned Ignition to determine weather or not there is knock. In most cases the 07 ECU's don't pull timing out of the Learned Ignition, so you really have to analyze the total advance the ECU is running and compare it to your mapping to determine if knock is present. Just an FYI in case you were going strictly off the reported Learned Ignition values.

Thanks
-- Ed
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.