View Single Post
Old 05-03-2009, 12:42 AM   #8
VuickB6
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 193568

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve.804 View Post
No offense, but there is a lot of improvment just with better driving. You're trap speed is about that of a stock WRX, which isnt terrible considering the driving. It's obvious you are bogging on the launch which is probably costing you at least .5 sec. I think a really clean pass will result in a high 13 at close to 100mph.
I didn't bog but the very first pass(which like I mentioned, I didn't get a slip for) but the others were clean launches. I held them at whatever RPM, and let the clutch out till I felt it juuuuuust start to move, then on green I let it out aggressively and floored it at the same time.

Quote:
Also is your exhaust stock from the cat back?? If so it's acting like a cork in the system and probably limiting the top end (exactly what you need in drag racing).

I'd work on the launch and experiment with different shift RPMs. You will have to finish the 1/4 in 4th if you want to trap over 100mph as your car should be.

Also for poops and giggles try taking the stock cat-back off and see what happends.

If you do have a free-flowing cat-back then your car might need some attention. Fresh plugs, fuel filter, air filter, etc. Probably wont hurt to do a compression check as well just to make sure the motor is still good.
I'm stage 2 with a Perrin cat-back

Plugs are only 1 month old, K&N is only 3 months old and was cleaned/re-oiled before I put it in. Fuel filter I have no idea about, but the car pulls very strong and judging by the cars I'm beating on the street, the slow times are most likely because of me being scared to break the trans and shifting too late.

We shall see next week
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
VuickB6 is offline   Reply With Quote