View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013, 10:30 PM   #3
sc00by4life
Scooby Guru

Member#: 97135
Chapter/Region: NWIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Olsen View Post
back in Revere's day, the rims were made of wood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsASubie View Post
Hi I was looking at some volks te37
1) whats the difference between regular rims vs reveres rims vs step rims?
This is a very vague question, so I'll try to answer as best I can. Its all design. "Step" wheels have a stepped lip to them. Wheels that are "Reverse" are reversed lip, or have more concave than the standard model of whatever wheel you're looking at.

Quote:
Could you provide pictures of the differences as well?
Its pretty obvious if you google a wheel and its "R" or "Reverse" model. Not all wheels have a "reverse" model.

Quote:
2) whats the difference between te37 and te37sl?
TE37SL = super lap. The visual difference is only that they have a special colorway, and the spokes are slightly thinner and a very slightly different hub. They look identical when on the car. They are a few grams lighter than the standard TE37, but they are not forged (Mold Form Forging vs a true forging process).

Quote:
3) what do you recommend for offset and size for a '13 hatch
We have several different threads outlining different fitment specs for your chassis (2011+ wrx, 2008+ sti). The most newbie-friendly fitments will be anywhere between 17x8-9 +35-45, or 18x8-9.5 +35-45.

You can order whatever size (1" increments in diameter, .5" increments in width) and offset (in increments of 1mm) you want from Volk directly.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
sc00by4life is offline   Reply With Quote