View Single Post
Old 12-24-2019, 04:11 PM   #1
Cesar_h07
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 491013
Vehicle:
2018 WRX
WRB

Default 2018 WRX No Response when turning key to crank engine at random times.

I want to find out if anyone else has experienced this issue and found the cause.

I drive a 2018 wrx manual with a stage 2 tune from modern automotive performance that I have had for a year and a half. I got the car brand new and have put on about 11,500 miles.

Sometimes when I try to start the car and turn the key to on all my accessories turn on without issue and I get the Subaru chimes but when I turn the key to crank the engine I get absolutely no response. I usually cycle the key on and off and press and depress the clutch pedal multiple times until it actually responds and starts cranking. When it does crank, the engine starts without issue. This doesnít happen every time I try to start it but it happens randomly. As I recall itís happened from time to time ever since Iíve had it but itís happening a little more frequently over the past few months. Itís happened through several tunes and even the stock calibration if I remember right.

Iíve observed that this happens most frequently after leaving it in gear when I park and has never happened from a completely cold start. For example itís most likely to occur if I park at a grocery store, run in to get something quickly, and come back to turn the car on.

Has anyone else experienced this?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Cesar_h07 is online now   Reply With Quote