Old 08-01-2019, 01:23 PM   #36
WRX_mattb
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 349275
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2012 STi
WRB

I consider myself mechanically savvy. And have been working on my own cars for over a decade. Everything from oil changes, full exhaust, injectors, suspension, intercooler, inlets, and essentially every bolt on there is. However, when my STi spun a rod bearing and I knew I was going with a built engine I decided to have Andrewtech do EVERYTHING. Although I have a few friends, one of whom is a Subaru mechanic, that was willing to help me pull the engine and get a new shortblock put in. In the end I still paid the extra coin to have the shop do everything. To include pulling my motor, and here is why.

Although I am confident in my mechanical ability and even more confident in the friends that were going to help, one thing came to mind. And that's warranty. Andrewtech builds engines and Subaru's every day. They know 100% what they are doing. With them doing it I have a warranty on the engine and work they did. Which gives me piece of mind when spending TONS of money on this build.

If something were to fail, Andrewtech will back their work and craftsmanship and either A: cover the cost of the repair while in warranty, or work with me on the cost of things if it is past their warranty period. So when it came down to it, I asked myself a few questions.

1. Is it worth saving a few grand to have to spend this type of money all over again if I mess something up? Answer:NO

2. Do I trust the shop doing the build, in this case Andrewtech? Answer:yes

3. Do I, combined with my friends have the knowledge that the guys there have in building an engine and other components to the limit my build is taking on? Answer:NO

The decision was clear to me. Spend the extra money, have it done right the first time.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
WRX_mattb is offline   Reply With Quote