Scooby Guru

Member#: 338329
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2017 STI
Lapis Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96accord View Post
I had dedicated winter setup (General Altimax Arctic tires) for a while. This past winter I got the DWS06's and for the amount of snow we received they did well.

That's the reason why I have two sets (summer & winter). Autocross would beat up my DWS06's very quickly.

Yeah they did well for me this past winter. Granted (like I said above) we didn't have a bad winter this year in the Mid-Atlantic but they did the job for the small snow amounts we had.
Nice! Seems like the DWS's are popular around here. Well, I ran the DWS's on my 13 on the oem 17's and I plowed through 12"+ of snow no problem with them. That whole experience alone brought me to my conclusion today. Granted there are other variables that are important when differentiating different rubber types (such as stopping distance), I felt most comfortable on the DWS's if I wanted a one and done type setup.

Would I enjoy a winter and summer setup? Of course I would. I just don't find the need for it for my usage of the car. Who knows, maybe by the time I pick another set of wheels up, I'll be able to swing a summer setup and get some winter tires on the OEM's. Who knows!

Quote:
Originally Posted by schuylerreed View Post
I'm saving up for a Tomei Catback for my WRX...buying all those LED bulbs put a little dent in my funds (had to buy the low-beam bulbs as well as the DRLs and fogs). That discount code and the free shipping they offer saved me like $45 though. Thanks!
Nice! Glad to hear people are using the code. Obviously the more kits you buy, the more savings you get. Hope you are enjoying the bulbs. They really are a great, affordable option. I am still loving mine.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
ScoobyFreak86 is offline   Reply With Quote