Scooby Newbie

Member#: 374688
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2005 STI
WRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aczwild View Post
Would love to see where you mounted the Volvo EPS setup. Just pulled one from a 05 S40 for my 00 RS track car build.
Aczwild and Barge: My installation is not something you would do in a street car. Because it's a full on race car with no passenger seat too, we mounted the pump to the passenger side floorboard, close to the oem ecu. We drilled holes thru the floorboard to the Mooresport rack, which makes for very short lines. We remote mounted the reservoir up on the dash bar where it's easy to see the level and add fluid. Sorry no pics, I'll post a couple later.

On the rack we used the Mooresport AN adapter:

We have an issue with the Mooresport subframe fitment, it rubs on the steering rack rubber bellows and during the course of the race we wore a tear in it. We noticed this when we first setup the rack in the subframe and hoped it would take a lot longer to cause a problem, but no. We are hoping to find a smaller rubber bellows that will fit and not rub.

Lots more upgrades happening over the winter. To start with we are probably going to entirely redo the wiring and gauges with the new AIM PDM + Display + Logger. Most of the aftermarket gauges will be replaced with AIM sensors and the display. Also a mount for the new Garmin Catalyst. We doing CAD (Cardboard Aided Design) now to see how they will all fit.
AIM PDM/Logger
https://www.aim-sportline.com/en/pro...dm08/index.htm
and
Garmin Catalyst
https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/690726

In the spring I'll be giving y'all a review on both products.

We are also having an issue with boost creep. It doesn't show on the dyno but it does on the track. It may be related to the dyno being at 4,000' and racing at sea level. We have talked with ATP and have some options on how to fix that issue.

Other mods: We are replacing the -AN line from the DS tank in the trunk back to the oem oil pump intake with solid tubing most of the way. More flow, less restriction, less weight.

Rear Diff Pump & Cooler and sensor to the AIM logger.

The windshield has taken a beating over the years and has a couple of cracks. We are debating replacing with a polycarbonate windshield from racingshields.com. We made our own rear poly windshield so we may make our own front one too. The issue is scratch resistance in a car that could go several hours racing in the rain with the wipers on. Racingshields makes strong claims about their scratch resistant coating.

The flat bottom has some off track disturbances to it that need to be fixed.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Sgt.Gator is offline   Reply With Quote