Old 01-22-2021, 05:44 AM   #1
wired00
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 513208
Vehicle:
2011 WRX

Default 2011 rear brake vdc engaging unexpectedly after new coilovers

So very strange issue going on.

I just replaced a set of old coilovers (AST) + very light 5kg springs with something more track focused. I got MCA Pro sport with 10KG springs. So fairly significant upgrade in stiffness.

I also got a full alignment etc. The strange thing is straight after test driving i noticed on reasonably tight corners and not especially fast speeds i feel the rear right side wheel apply braking force unexpectedly. Id immediately think VDC strangely kicking. Yet i dont see the light on dash coming on which i might see at the track.

Its also NOT throwing error codes...

Anyone have any idea what could be going on?

I saw someone mention that this can happen under when a tire pressure is low and loaded up during heavy cornering since it can throw off the individual wheel speed sensors. But tire pressure is high at 34psi all round. Additionally that would light up with the traction control light on dash, again that is NOT happening.

I have not tried clicking the button to partially "disable" VDC to see if that stops the problem, i will try that, but i have to solve this crazy problem for normal road drivability. Its simply unsafe to have a brake unexpectedly apply and cause the car to steer left!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
wired00 is offline   Reply With Quote