soccer05
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 202554
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2003 Impreza Wrx
Wrb

Default Soccer05 Bugeye Build Thread

Ha, the title is a little understated. It is a little more comprehensive than a stage 2 build, but I didn't feel right calling it a track build when I have made some compromises to keep it daily driven. I would rather be understated than be over the top like some of the posts I have seen. In all respect it doesn't have any real custom fabrication, just bolt on equipment that is easily and readily available to reengineer certain areas of the cars performance I find lacking. But yeah, I am all about functional and comprehensive handling. Sometimes I wish I was just going for the look, would be a whole lot cheaper and easier, instead of the countless hours it takes dialing in a setup, although they can be fun and relaxing hours. I'm hoping at the end of this after I dial in my suspension settings this thing will be fast and fun, but we will see. I think you will like what I have in store for functional stance on my gd, I have the rims sitting here just haven't purchased the tires. I'm hoping they will fit with some aggressive fender rolling and give me a full range of suspension travel, we will see. If not I guess it will be another trip to LIC to purchase their phenomenal looking fender flares. Progress has slowed this week, doing a ton of odds and ends on the car in preparation for the build. Waiting on some special order left hand threaded nuts to arrive for my Poltec Lateral Links, as I feel both ends should use this attachment method. Waiting on my rear differential bushing to arrive from TIC then the rear end should be just about done, will post pics up in the next day or two, starting to look pretty sweet with all the aluminum links instead of heavy old stamped steal and soft rubber bushings. Here is where I am at with the motor, ACT Prolite flywheel and clutch are installed, just arranging a time that works with a friend of mine to give me a hand lifting the old 5 speed back into position. Thought about doing it myself like with my 240sx, but didn't want to take the chance on bending the pressure plate. Here is where we sit, its a shame to hide that flywheel and clutch, both would like great as a wall decoration in the garage.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
soccer05 is offline   Reply With Quote