MasterKwan
Scooby Guru

Member#: 98961
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2003 WRX
Black

Quote:
IMO vehicle maintenance should be a bigger topic in the classroom sessions as I've been appalled at what some people go out on track with, mostly because they don't know any better....
This is a pet peeve of mine too. Especially when they're dumping fluids on the track in front of me. I give my track buddies crap because they're not nearly as proactive keeping their car's maintained. I've actually reported people who I considered to be a threat out on track. You see they have paper thin pads for instance and you know they're likely to be a problem.

Quote:
$1200? Any experience how long the stock ones last that came on the car? I assume you've gotten a new set since stock?
When I initially did the 6 speed swap, I wanted to continue to use the Legacy GT brakes. To do that, I needed conversion axles that mated the R180 to WRX hubs. Since then, I've done a full STI swap including STI hubs so, I didn't need to use these axles any more and I went back to stock STI axles. I've not had the stock STI axles wear out. Track driving just doesn't seem that hard on them.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
MasterKwan is offline   Reply With Quote