View Single Post
Old 01-07-2018, 11:29 PM   #1
adafoo
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 463575
Default 2017 WRX aftermarket fog lights won't turn off

First thing's first - I don't believe there is a magic button on the 2015+ wrx that will turn my "parking" lights off, like older models. If I'm wrong someone please correct me.

I walked into my garage tonight and noticed my fog lights were on. These are the lights I installed: http://www.subispeed.com/2015-subaru...e#.WlLuHL1MHgA

These are aftermarket lights that add-a-fuse to the daytime runner lights. They are supposed to turn off when the key leaves the ignition. I clicked the fog light switch a bunch of times with no luck. I could not get these lights to turn off so I disconnected their wiring to the battery, and got rid of the add-a-fuse. Tried to start the car but the fog lights must have drained the battery. I tried turning the headlights on and off to see if everything else was still working. Turned on headlights and high beams once then they wouldn't come back on again - just daytime runners. Figured it was because of the dying battery. Took my keys out of the ignition and the daytimes wouldn't turn off!

My first thought is something was wrong with the relay that came with the fog light. But I can't figure out why they didn't turn off when they keys left the ignition. Jump started the car and everything worked fine. Parked it and I'm off to bed. Hopefully it starts in the morning. No lights are on. Has anyone experienced something like this before? Anyone know what's going on here?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
adafoo is offline   Reply With Quote