Scooby Guru

Member#: 3687
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
MY99 GF4 JDM 6spd
NF Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmanwrx View Post
nope, its a EURO wrx. was thinking of the PPG gearset as its pretty close to stock gear ratio. my main concern is to have a strengthen gearset to be able to withstand punishment. what say u???
If you are looking at the PPG for Quick Street Fun, IMO I'd suggest this
3.08 / 2.15 / 1.50 / 1.05 / OEM - Synchro 1st-4th Helical Cut Gear Set from Andrewtech

It'll keep you in the powerband and you don't have to worry about that big gap on the 1-2 shift, 3rd and 4th as acceleration gears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS1 Motorsports View Post
Very Nice Thread, a definite sticky

Fuji- I have a few other gear sets for you, I'll try and compile the ratios for you so you can add them

-Dylan @ DS1
Keep me posted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leecea View Post
That surprises me. I thought STi autoxers would prefer a longer 2nd, so they didn't have to mess with 3rd gear at all. Shifting is generally thought of as time given up.
AutoX courses can be REALLY SHORT, or they can be really long and depends where the even is held. AutoX done here in my town uses small lots and only a few at larger facilities. In small lots having a 2nd gear like the WRX's would really suck because your RPM is so low you can't pull out of corners. The STi's shorter 2nd gear helps a lot in these situations. I AutoX'ed at the Miller Stadium with the SCCA Milwaukee Region Solo Autocross in Milwaukee WI. When I was still NA with my Impreza L wagon running a 2.5RS tranny, my 2nd gear was a TAD long. Had it been a JDM WRX STi RA VerIII tranny with the 4.444FD, I would have LOVED IT!

Going 2nd to 3rd would only be on the slalom and higher speed turns. It really is matched well IMO, but then others may disagree. The STi does have a lot of torque running its mighty 2.5L and fast spooling VF39.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
FuJi K is offline   Reply With Quote