Old 06-19-2013, 02:49 PM   #35
Igs
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 359913
Chapter/Region: International
Vehicle:
08 Impreza Wrx
Black

Awesome Post man! I had no idea that sway bars could make such a big difference and I am pretty stoked about this.

I just got my Rex on friday and have been LOVING every minute of it. On the other hand I have the dreaded 08' Rex and as you must very well know, its a cushy sunuvub*tch. It's crazy fun to drive but it quite frankly scares me to turn fast on this thing.

Granted I am changing out the crappy all seasonal tires for some stickier summer goodness ( I live in brazil, no snow).

Thing is I am still learning how to drive it ( my last car was a 150hp FF ) but I was running it on 225 summer tires and back breaking H&R springs. The WRX has the original 205 all seasonals but I applied the same confidence first time I drove it and darn near crapped myself as the front leaned over and the back pivoted when I took my foot off the gas. Let's just say it was my first spirited driving WRX experience and I would like something a little more flat.

Now Brazil isnt known for its great pavement and it is quite bumpy out here.
I would certainly like to try out something more neutral though but not back breaking. Problem right now is that the stock suspension is just too darn soft and it leans over like an SUV. I love the REX but this 08' stock suspension just isn't working for me at all and it is quite frankly ruining a bit of the experience. It's such a confidence inspiring car until I turn hard you know? I just know the car can be SO much more than this. Help me Obiwan Kenobi!

PS: I should add I won't be tracking the car or AutoXing and its an Daily Driver. Also...it doesn't have VDC for some reason..the button is just not there...
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Igs is offline   Reply With Quote