flyboy1100
Scooby Guru

Member#: 314216
Vehicle:
2012 2.0i Sport 5MT
DGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris793 View Post
Update after changing my oil tonight. Looks as though I dodged a bullet, for now, as the car appears to not be burning anything. Was able to verify with the dipstick on level ground, and also measured what came out of the car. Almost 5qt even came out of the car and filter, put exactly 5.3 in when I changed the oil previously; for those of you curious as to how much will come out. This fill was amsoil OE at 4600 miles, driving fairly spirited. 5.3qt of Amsoil XL went in tonight, we'll see how that works out. I will send the XL for UOA when the time comes.

Moral of the story, check the dipstick on level ground as it makes a huge difference. It amazes me how just a little elevation change can skew the dipstick reading by 1/2qt!
I noticed that a few months ago. Car appeared level but was just a little bit off. I ended up over filling by 6-8oz. In reality I didn't need more than 2oz.

I'm curious how xl works for you, my car didn't like it, but I changed to it add 1200 miles so it was still breaking in. My car really liked signature and I will be changing back to that in the future
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.