xluben
Scooby Guru

Member#: 261612
Vehicle:
2002 WRX - 750WHP
9.5s @ 150mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by manitou View Post
It's not well documented but questionably documented by some and I'm more inclined to believe ID's published numbers. Let's see you made 600 on the VD Dynojet but that's real, I made 520 VD Dynojet and its optimistic, LOL you're funny!! He's got a 49 lb turbo and he has plenty of injector. Junior made close to 600 Dynojet with an hta82 and turned a 10.8, 132 pass in an XTI using ID1000's.

Still a doubter Ben?

Still this is not the issue creating his lean condition. It's most likely pump/ pump install/ wiring issues.
Holy cow you get defensive. A lot. You seem to think everyone is out to get you and that you must convince everyone that every part you have chosen is the best possible part and none of that can be questioned. You justification is usually because of something Jr. has said or done in the past. I think you need to realize that the power numbers you quote are fairly high for the setup you are running, and that you don't need to jump in and try to "defend" every product on your car (even when they aren't being criticized) like it is a personal attack directed at you.

My setup was a 6266 at 30-32psi, Walbro 465, FiveO 1600's, 55psi base pressure and IDC's got up into the mid/high 90's. It's a 73lb/min turbo and it also seems like I was using a lot more fuel than you are. That's all I'm saying. I'm not attacking you. As for the injectors, there have been a lot of posts in the past about the ID 1000 injectors scaling like 900's. Or even like DW 850's. Maybe they had issues, who knows. It just seems to be a very common comment on those injectors. I know you have a little manufacturer's sheet that says they flow more, but it's a business after all. You need to take all advertisements with a grain of salt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalgrover View Post
Nobody said to change injectors. All that was said is that if he changes the pump, rewires, and still has the issue, it is possible that he has an injector issue. It is probably not that, but it is possible.

No one is trying to argue or say that ID injectors don't flow or perform great. All we are saying is that not every set of injectors flow the same on every car at every altitude and every afr ratio target. I mean, at only 565whp VD dynojet my 1250cc injectors (flow tested at almost 1300cc) were logging 90% IDC. It definitely was getting plenty of fuel because my fuel pump was pushing out a max of about [email protected] peak pressure, and the injectors at 100% IDC are only capable of flowing just over 310lph. Not to mention I was only targeting 11.8:1.
Yeah, I think manitou made a bit of a jump in logic there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate_fisher View Post
No i was just talking about fabbing lines and fittings for the fpr when i go that route. I am running stock lines and rails and plan to keep it that way if i can.
Quote:
Originally Posted by manitou View Post
You'll be fine with stock rails.
I had stock rails but I replaced all the lines between the firewall and the rails, and also the lines inbetween the factory rails. All -6AN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05_wRex View Post
How much would id2000s on stock hardlines with a walbro 465 e85 version pump be good for? I was seeing 50-55 psi base pressure with an aero 340 pump hardwired with id1000s. Id1000s and the aero 340 made near 600 whp (dynojet) at 92% idc on race gas that flows like pump gas. Would id2000s and the e85 walbro 465 pump hardwired support at least 600 whp on e85? I am running a vipec. I will be running pump gas 75% of the time and am concerned with driveability and efficiency down low on pump with the 2000s. Maybe an adjustable fpr to bump up base pressure to help with pump gas down low?

Stock hardlines and rails. 2007 STi. Gsc s2 cams. Pte 6266 running 23-25 psi on pump and looking for 28 ish on e85. I run 28.5 on race gas currently.
It should easily be able to support 600WHP on E85. Not sure how well it will drive on pump though. You may have to idle rich and then you'll probably suck through gas.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote