Scooby Newbie

Member#: 326195
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2019 WRX
WRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoon Goon View Post
Our dealer here is the same way with the AP. Ours (as is yours) is an authorized Cobb distributor. Ours even has the Cobb downpipes to put on. The main thing I was told was "signs of abuse", which is vauge and could be anything, so develop a relationship with the service guy so if your motor grenades they will know that you are not just some d-bag kid ragging out the car.

That is if indeed you are not an unknowledgeable kid....they can smell the "stupid kid" smell from a mile away, so watch it.

But yes, get it in writing. However, that does not mean much when defining the term "abuse".....In that case a factory tune will get warranty work denied as well.

Thanks, that`s some good info...This is my second WRX, first was an 07 WRX that I traded for the 12 WRX....I kept the 07 stock but it came with 3" CBE and CAI from the factory, car looked new and I got 14,500 in trade with 80,000 miles, it still had the factory clutch that was still tight. The service guy seems pretty cool, and I am somewhat knowledgeable about Subies, stage 1 might be fun...
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.